Getting it Write


I used to love to write.  I would write all of the time.  
Having a never resting, 
                whirlwind mind 
it helped me find peace.... and helped capture those    
                             flittering    
thoughts and give them direction, or at least a place.  

Then I had kids, and I wrote a little less.  
Oh, I still loved writing, so of course, I lived through them and I would make them write (One of the privileges of homeschooling!)  while I cleaned the house and did the laundry.  Then after they were all in bed I would sneak in some pen and paper time before my head would hit the pillow.

At a later time... four kids, a husband with cancer later...
I found that my head would hit the pillow before my pen could hit the paper.  
But that couldn't stop me....
                              or my never resting, whirlwind mind and
                                                                    flittering
                                                                         thoughts.  
Nope! I would lie awake in bed, unable to move from total exhaustion, and I would write....In my head.  
I would pray that the next day I could remember what I had written and actual write it.  
                             I usually didn't.  

Time flew and life got busier, and eventually I quit writing all together.  
Not in box, not with a fox, 
           not in my head, not in my bed.  

Fast forward thru many birthdays...soccer games...band concerts...grocery shopping...cooking...loads of laundry....loads and loads of laundry...life.....annnnd stop.  
                                                               You are HERE.  

I write because I hope I have something to share with you, something that can encourage you or help you.... 
Maybe something that will make you a think differently 
         or 
             smile more.  

I write because I still have that whirlwind mind and those flittering thoughts.  

I write because it helps take some of what I have bottled up inside of me and  
       releases it onto the paper (Or in this case, the computer screen....but that doesn't sound quite so poetic, does it?)

I write because, in a maybe just because I want it so bad kind of way, it is what I was made to do.

All of that to say.... 
Don't expect correct grammar or perfect spelling.  
Don't expect that I will follow any rules or even make any sense.  As a matter of fact, let's consider it a bonus if I do!  
Don't expect me to be good.  
Do expect me to be real.  
Do expect me to be honest.  
Do expect me to love the fact that I am writing, for you, for me, for my God.  


(Do you think God speaks to us?  He does to me. My verse of the day a few days ago, when i was wondering if I should do this blog or not...
"Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.  Tell everyone about the amazing things he does."  1 Chronicles 16:24 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...